Workforce Solutions of North Central PA and our subcontractors work with the Apprenticeship and Training Office (ATO) within the PA Department of Labor Industry for guiding and promoting the expansion of apprenticeships in the North Central region.
Apprenticeships are innovative training programs that allow employers to develop and prepare their future workforce, while providing the individual with a learn-while-you-earn approach to career development.
Benefits to the Apprentice
- Paid Job
- On-the-Job Learning
- Classroom Learning
Benefits to the Employer
- Proven long-term Return on Investment of $1.47 for every $1.00 invested
- Improved recruitment and lower turnover
- Increased productivity
- Development of a pipeline of qualified employees, company legacy and succession plan
For more information on Registered Apprenticeships visit
North Central PA Building Trades
For specific information on each Building Trade including the Apprenticeship Application, Requirements and Process click the Building Trade name on the left. For a quick video regarding each Building Trade click the arrow on the right.
Click the button for a complete list of the above Building Trades
A pre-apprenticeship is a program or set of strategies to prepare individuals for entry into Registerd Apprenticeships (RA) and ultimately a career. Pre-Apprenticeship programs are linked with existing apprenticeship programs, creating a pipeline of qualified workers to fill position vacancies.
Benefits of Pre-Apprenticeship
- Explore and learn about great careers;
- Qualify to meet minimum standard for RA program;
- Benefit from classroom and technology based training;
- Build literacy, math, English, and work-readiness skills; and
- Gain advanced standing in a partnered RA program.
For more information on Benefits of Pre-Apprenticeships and How to Get Started visit