Business SolutionsBusiness Solutions Incumbent Worker Training Next Gen / Industry Partnerships Career Pathways Manufacturing Training to Careers Co-Ops / Work Experience Program ARC Prosper PA Six Registered Apprenticeships North Central PA Building Trades Pre-Apprenticeship
Next Gen / Industry Partnerships
The Next Gen Industry Partnership Program is funded by the PAsmart initiative through the PA Department of Labor and Industry.
To gather employers of the shared industry sector to address workforce challenges in a collaborative way, and to increase awareness of the opportunities for training, funding, and resources in the North Central region.
Two Active Industry Sector Partnerships
- Manufacturing/Building & Construction
- Healthcare and Social Assistance
Why Should Employers Participate
- First to know about grant opportunities for training reimbursement, internships & more.
- Up-to-date labor market information and workforce board news.
- Collaboration and networking with other leaders in the industry.
- Participation in events that provide access to youth and potential talent.
- Advertisement and opportunity to discuss product or services.
- Knowledge, resources, data and material can be shared between partners/members.
- Announcement of training programs and initiatives specific to your industry.
Hosted by Workforce Solutions staff, each sector convening is offered in a hybrid format to encourage maximum participation across our six counties. Face-to-face opportunities rotate across the region every quarter. Meetings are held four times per year. Employer members who attend the partnership meetings set the priorities for each quarter that are acted on by workforce board staff, and a support team of experts. Support team partners include representatives from economic development, training providers, and PA CareerLink Business Service Team members.
- Identify untapped labor pools through research of grant opportunities that are designed to help to provide talent for our employers in need of workers.
- Encourage youth to enter Manufacturing, Construction and Building Trade, and Healthcare/Social Assistance occupations through collaboration and participation in signature Workforce Board and Business Education Partnership events that provide access to youth and potential talent.
- Leverage resources with other partners within the workforce board and CareerLink® system as well as partners in our region to provide seminar and webinar events to increase retention of the workforce in our region.
- Funding from the PAsmart grant provides reimbursement to eligible employers who hire Co-Op and Work Experience students from the schools to work in manufacturing, healthcare/social assistance, and building and construction settings.
What is an Industry Driven Next Generation Sector Partnership?