Workforce Solutions for North Central Pennsylvania is your premier connector to workforce services, activities, and potential funding in North Central Pennsylvania.
The North Central Workforce Development Board serves as the premier facilitator of an innovative workforce development system that meets the changing human capital needs of our employers and provides resources for our job seekers that maximizes their career potential and focuses on the customers’ needs.
The North Central Workforce Development Board will be a strategic workforce development leader focused on promoting economic prosperity and self-sufficiency of individuals by creating a workforce that is competitive in the global marketplace.
- Enhance public-private partnerships through better connectivity and communication in order to increase investment in our workforce system leading to greater economic vitality for our region.
- Engage in Sector Strategies of our growth industries identifying current skill gaps of both the incumbent and entry-level worker that will result in skill upgrades through customized training and partnerships.
- Design innovative workforce development strategies to reach young adults and keep them engaged through the identification of best practices and development of new programs utilizing the Customer Centered Design Method.
- Identify Career Pathways in major industry sectors to enhance career counselling that will result in training opportunities for our customers through skill, credential and degree attainment.
- Ensure that our customers, both employers and job seekers, remain in the center of our design of all services and encourage our partners to do the same.
Role of Workforce Solutions for North Central PA / North Central Workforce Development Board (NCWDB)
- Direct federal, state and local funding to workforce development programs.
- Conduct and publish research on the needs of the regional economy.
- Oversee PA CareerLink® locations, where job seekers can get employment information, find out about career development training opportunities, and connect to various programs in their area.
- Corine Christoff Chair Alpha Precision Group
- Jeff Miller 1st Vice Chair I.B.E.W., Local No. 5, AFL-CIO
- Ashley Gerg 2nd Vice Chair Collins Hardwood - Kane
- Kelly Davis Secretary Seneca Highlands IU-9
- Jim Chorney Treasurer North Central PA Regional Planning and Development Commission
- Cortney Fritz At Large Gasbarre Products, Inc.
- Chris Adamson The Adamson Group
- Kate Brock Community Education Center of Elk & Cameron Counties
- Karen Costello-Pecht Control Chief Corporation
- Buddy Franklin I.B.E.W., Local No. 5, AFL-CIO
- Thomas Glasl Goodwill Industries for North Central PA, Inc.
- Ed Hayden Zippo Manufacturing Company
- Michael Hoskavich ICC Ammo
- Bruce Jones Bureau of Workforce Partnership of Operations Central Region
- Dr. Ryoo Jungwoo Penn State DuBois
- Elizabeth Kweder ABARTA Coca Cola Refreshments
- David Miller Miller Fabrication Solutions
- Leslie Neal Elk County Veterans Affairs
- Christina Palmer Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Glenn Poirier Keystone Automatic/Metalkraft Powdered Metal
- Kimberlea Whiting Citizens and Northern Bank
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Policy and Performance Committee
- Youth Committee
Chief Elected Officials
- Commissioner Herbert L. Bullers Jefferson County
- Commissioner Joseph Daghir Elk County
- Commissioner Carol Duffy McKean County
- Commissioner Barry Hayman Potter County
- Commissioner James Moate Cameron County
- Commissioner John Sobel Clearfield County
Workforce Solutions for North Central PA is responsible for the planning, evaluation and oversight of workforce development programs/services in our six county workforce development area and has developed procurement policies and procedures for goods and services obtained with Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding and shall comply with OMB Uniform Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards Super Circular.
Please check back on a regular basis for future postings.
Audit ServicesPost date: March 31, 2023
Due date: May 26, 2023Workforce Solutions seeks proposals for qualified independent accounting firms to provide Audit and Tax Services, including the preparation and submission of IRS Form 990. Audits must be completed in accordance with the Single Audit Act and the Uniform Guidance.
Implementation of Career PathwaysPost date: January 13, 2023
Due date: February 10, 2023Workforce Solutions for North Central PA is seeking quotes from qualified applicants for the implementation of career pathway programs. The Request for Quote (RFQ) is provided in the link below. Proposal deadline is Friday, February 10, 2023.
Request for Quotes for Workforce Development System Analysis/Plan AssistancePost date: October 6, 2022
Due date: November 4, 2022Workforce Solutions for North Central PA is seeking quotes to acquire the services of a qualified firm to assist in the development of a required Modification to Our Local Multi Year Plan as mandated by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Those interested in receiving a Request for Quote (RFQ) package should contact Donna Hottel (814)245-1835 or email@example.com. (subject line must read Request for RFQ for Plan Assistance) Proposal deadline is Friday, November 4, 2022.
PA CareerLink® System Operator Request for Proposal (RFP)Post date: July 11, 2022
Due date: September 30, 2021
Please see our posting below: